Haus für Film und Medien Stuttgart e.V.
The whole world of moving images in one place – to watch, learn about, create, and celebrate them. Experience film and digital media in a unique combination of cinemas, studios, makerspaces, exhibition and multifunctional rooms. An open house for marvelling, for being creative, for discussing, for growing. For everyone.
- a cultural institution for the moving image
- an urban meeting place
- an open creative workshop
- a home for film and media culture
- a space for a multitude of opportunities
- a laboratory for young talents
- an innovative new urban landmark
- a school of seeing and understanding
- a showcase for the media industry
- a house for viewing, marvelling, and feeling good
After the closure of the municipal cinema ("KoKi") in 2008, an association was founded to establish a new "KoKi Plus" - a house for film and media.
An association with 24 members: institutions from Stuttgart and the region in the fields of education, media pedagogy, higher education, art, science, research, film festival, film and creative industries as well as cinema, media and interculture.
Moving images and digital media have become an integral part of our everyday lives. So far, however, there is no central place in Stuttgart for the presentation and production of as well as education on the world of digital media and the critical approach to it.
- screening rooms for film experiences
- studios for active film and media work
- seminar rooms and workshops
- event and exhibition spaces
- multifunctional rooms
- a virtual visit via the website
- consumption-free lounges
- outdoor and indoor catering
- long opening hours on 365 days a year
For all curious people from pre-school age up and from amateurs to professionals: everyone can experience the world of the (digital) moving image here and try out, learn about, or design its application.
At the site of the Breuninger parking garage opposite the Leonhardskirche with a usable floor space of 4,400 m² and an estimated cost of 59 million Euros.
The City of Stuttgart was conducting a Europe-wide architectural competition from June 2021 to February 2022. The winning design comes from Delugan Meissl Associated Architects, Wien with Wenzel+Wenzel GmbH, Karlsruhe. The building is scheduled for completion in 2027.
Haus für Film und Medien (HFM) is our "working title". The house is to be given an original and meaningful name later. If you have an idea for the name of the new house, please write to us at email@example.com.